Go for medicine! Go for law!
I believe, this is what many parents will tell their children when choosing a pathway after high school. After going thru all those hassle and headache of choosing something that I wanna do for life, I came to law. Of course, that was very much driven by my very realistic character. Typical Wenwen.
When I was younger, I used to be very naive. Like many other teenages who thinks that they are so smart, I thought interest is the most important when it comes to choosing career.
Any teens reading this, I am sorry that I do not agree. I do not think that interest must prevail when it comes to choosing a career. That's nothing more than an emotional thought.
Who are we kidding, that interest is more important than money?
Just, please, wake up. Mozart died early because in his profession of music did not make ends meet for him, and he did not manage to earn enough to cover the medical costs. I mean, that's really a very brave thing to do and I really salute Mozart because he did not quit music even at his death bed. But are you that courageous?
My opinion is, if my interest must kill me at the age of 38, then no thanks. I ain't going for that.
Call me a realistic bitch if you want, I accept.
Ever thought how much money you need when you wanna build your family? Perhaps you'll say, I'll earn enough. But no, enough is never enough. Because when you build a family, you are not only working for yourself. You work to make ends meet for your partner and your kids. Sometimes, touch wood, of course, parents may need extra money for medical expenditures. Can you not contribute? Do you really want your kids to use the lowest quality bag to school? Using all second hand books?
I answer negative!
Even if I am going to be single a whole life, I wanna lead the best life that I could. By then, I could buy whatever I want - that includes my interest.
With all that has been typed, I am not saying interest is not important. It is, but I think the reward in what you have done, that is the most important to me. No field can guarantee that you will become rich and famous, but certain fields are more likely than another.
And there I go - LAW! =)



0 comments:
Post a Comment