Monday, December 14, 2009

Aunties

They are seriously annoying people. I meant majority, not all.

They just wouldn't allow the young people to talk, or even more, to speak the ideas. Many insist that they are right in every sense, when youngsters, like me, speak our minds, they would say,

"What do you know, young girl? Our consumptions of salt are higher than your consumption of rice."
Like, WHAT THE HELL!
As if they know every single damn thing about the world.
Sometimes it confuses me, that, is it because of my age that my words cannot stand as an authority for them, or is it because when I was young I acted so childish that my words cannot be a good idea?
Geesh.
The other day I was in this saloon in Damansara. My aunt knows this lady boss of the saloon. She told the boss,
"This is my niece. She's a very smart girl. She scored XXX in her SPM."
[SPM is the Malaysian government exam which marks the end of high school, for those who didn't know]
So below is my conversation with the boss,
Boss: Hey, you are such a smart girl scoring so well in SPM. Do you go for tuition when you were younger?
Me : Yeah, a lot actually. But I do not think it is a good idea to go for so many tuitions.
Boss: You know, I have 3 daughters, 1 in Standard 3 and 2 in Standard 1...
Me : I know. My aunt told me. [I knew she's gonna ask about tuitions already]
Boss: They all seem to be so lazy! Everyday come back from school they just play, play and play. If I don't send them to tuition classes, they would be playing all day long and they will not study.
Me : Actually it's not a good idea to send your kids to tuition classes. It makes them lazier. I know because I was educated in the way you think your kids should be educated. Yes I scored well, but in the end when I reached the university level, I'm very lost when I need to do research. I do not know where to start my research. I am unable to produce any excellent piece of work.
Boss: Yeah. But you also know some school teachers are so bad. They do not provide the students with everything they need...
Bullshit. Blame school teacher now? My whole idea is, students must learn to be independent from young.
Boss: And the kids will be lazier and lazier, day by day. If I don't send my kids to tuition, their futures would be ruined in the hands of such teachers.
Me : [zzzzzzzzzz...]
Look, if you send your kids to tuition classes, that's the shortcut to end your kids' academic life. And, if you already have your opinion and would not change when you ask me, why the hell are you even asking me then?
All you care about is whether your kids score 100 in their exams. If they could score 100 without studying and just playing all day long, I bet you wouldn't even start the conversation with me.
These aunties. Sheesh.

3 comments:

Annie Tan said...

LOL!!!! Pity you going through that type of conversation. LOLX.....

Jerine said...

Hahahhahaha... tell me about it. Reminds me of my grandma.

wenwen said...

@appletan - yeah wei, damn stupid one la.

@jerine - LOL! ur grandma would say such a thing? never mind la, my mum also nowhere better than this only. xP