I was reading Sher Hann's blog the other day, part of her last post was about the political pressures by Malaysians. For those who are not from Malaysia, many in Malaysia now are attempting for a change in government.
And I couldn't agree more to Sher Hann - majority amongst these people are just going against the government just because. Yes, many teenagers just do not bother, and their support the opposition to the end.
Personally I do not know much about politics because I don't spend a lot of time reading newspapers, or rather, I do not like to read newspapers. But I just couldn't stand people who support the opposition just because, like Sher Hann said,
"Just because LAH."
"Cool mah.."
"Support government for WHAT? Over so many years have they been doing anything for us?"
Don't these supporters have a better reason for who or which parties they are supporting?
I just couldn't stand people with no firm opinions from their own. It is "I do so because everyone else did". I mean, hello? Do you really know what the oppositions are currently doing? Have you actually realised the improvements over the rulings by the current government? And how could anyone be sure if the opposition could rule better than the current government when they do not have much experience in running a country?
On top of that, how different are people from opposition from those in the government? Dear fellow Malaysians, you and I should see it clearly.
Both sides, although not 100%, majority don't speak fluent English.
What I'm trying to point out is, everyone should have their own solid reasons for a particular actions they wanna take. Do not take everything as it is just because it is in that form when you get it. In the days of modern technology where media are so powerful and all sorts of information are widely spread, it is vitally important that one has his own principles, ideas, or at least opinions. Filtration is very very much necessary.
More often than not, whether something is good or bad is just a matter of how we look at it.
To add on, one is not necessarily a bad person even when the whole world says that he is one. It really depends on you, the person who views him, to conclude whether is he good or bad.
Of course in relation to that, one must also have good reasons and not "because I say so".
1 comments:
You should start reading newspaper. The political updates in Malaysia is much more interesting than HK TVB drama.
When you say opposition has lack of experience in ruling the country, that's not entirely true. For example, the members of PKR were once members of the government. Some of them recognize the weakness of the government and understand more of what should be amended, that's why they left the government and join the opposition.
Post a Comment