Thursday, July 9, 2009

Malaysians

I realised something that might be trivial but true.

There are 3 major races in Malaysia: Malay, Chinese and Indians.

When a chinese goes to UK for his studies, he told his friend, "I'm a Chinese."
So his friend replied, "Oh so are you from Beijing or Shanghai? You know Shanghai is so cool (continues describing on his experience in China)..."
And he stopped his friend, "I'm from Malaysia."
His friend is stunned, but continued asking, "Are you born in China?"
And he replied, "No, I am born in Malaysia, grow up in Malaysia but I am a Chinese."
His friend, "WHAT?!"


Don't Malaysians find it weird? Why do we call ourselves Chinese or Indian when we are all Malaysians?

I find this matter laughable. So, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

1 comments:

Brad Farless said...

People of all ethnic groups other than "white" seem to want to do the same thing in the US. They say they're Mexican, Puerto Rican, Chinese, Japanese, Filipino, etc etc.

It always seemed ridiculous to me. If they were born in the US they're American. Plain and simple. They always get pissed when I tell them that too.