Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Common Blogging Style"

I don't know why recently I kept encountering blogs which piss me off.

d0N't 3uU f1nD 1t r3alLy d1fFiCulT tO r3Ad l1k3 tH!s?
is I think, one of the best examples.
People, it's called blogging! If the blogs are not private, then I suppose you would want the world to read whatever you've written, no? I wonder who would not be annoyed reading that type of language.
On top of the "creativity" in typing, some bloggers' command of English are also really really horrible, for instance,
Izzit tat my false?
It actually means "Is that my fault?" or "Is it really my fault?".
Try combining both ways of writing. It just makes people think that this writer is definitely one of those Bengs and Lians.
And it pisses me off, quite badly.
Another blogging style would be one which is 100% focusing on the blogger's life. Like, what? I mean, other than your friends, who would want to know what shit you encounter in college, work, home or love right? If you want to talk about those, you should just make your blog private and get your good friends to read it.
I guess this is probably another reason Nino thinks the "Next Blog" button didn't work. Because Bloggers have been overloaded with useless public blogs.

17 comments:

Jerine said...

oi! dontcha try2offend ah lians, okay? l8r all ah lians unite den u'll die. dun laf at us cos sum ah lians england veli powderful one.


*one ah lian here!

wenwen said...

Jerine, Ah Lians would say,

"Hoi, now u think ur english veli good izit? don bully us lo..walau eh think u know angmoh very pandai liao la?"

xP

TG said...

Hahaha.. you girls are funny. Sometimes I think Wen Wen's blog is the forum of us 3 to poke fun :P

I agree with most of the stuff you said, Wen Wen, but not with the last thing. I think if someone writes a journal of his/her life, let them be. Nobody ever says people should read it, but most of us are happy, if they do. I was once like you, upset about other bloggers, like, how can they say this, how can their layout be like that... In the end, who cares. Really... most important is you live up to your own standards. And find blogs that are worthy to read. Everybody can find something to like :) And yea, the next button doesn't work. It's useless. Use blog-hopping :)

TG said...

Wen Wen or Jerine, you guys should write a post or a dialogue in 'ah lian' style, it's really funny :P

wenwen said...

Thanks for the correction, MKL.
And let's see if I have the time and mood to write one ah lian conversation. ^^

Brad Farless said...

Oh, did Nino do a post about the next blog button being worthless?

I had written one myself, just recently.

http://talesovercoffee.blogspot.com/2009/08/next-blog-button-is-worthless.html

wenwen said...

Hi Brad! At last I get to talk to you. =)

Yes he did, I think some time ago.

Brad Farless said...

Oh, I've been around. I've just been posting under a different display name. You've actually responded to comments I've made before, here (I think) and in other places. I just decided it was time to ... come out of the closet, but not in that way. ha ha ha!

Saito said...

Language is a clear representation of an identity and i find it unfair for you to dissing it like that. If you don't like it then don't read it, nobody is forcing you. l33tspeak has been around even before you were born and it was teh C0D3 for programmers then. So i don't see why you have any rights to condemn a group's identity just because you don't like it.

wenwen said...

LOL..ma ma ma..

Ok, if some people are just happy to tell the whole world that their English suck. =)

TG said...

@Saito, if you feel comfortable with your identity, such criticism on a (for you) random blog shouldn't make you upset. You really sound like kindergarden.

wenwen said...

MKL, Saito is just making a general comment.

He doesn't blog himself. =) Don't mind him.

Brad Farless said...

I've never thought highly of l33tsp43k. It seems like a way for internet nerds to make themselves feel cooler, and that's about it.

TG said...

@Saito, sorry, it is not a random blog for you, you actually know the blogger (more than me), so consider my comment as not meant for you, but for some random passer-by ;)

wenwen said...

LOL Brad, Saito really knows about the l33tsp34k thingy. But I doubt those people who blog in that manner actually know what it means.

Andrea dRea said...

HAHAHAHHA..ah lian..lala people la you meant?
They are annoying!

wenwen said...

Yes, pretty much so. =)
I mean, it's blogging right? Why would they wanna type in a manner which makes it hard to read..